Winter is the perfect excuse to lie in bed all day but we have jumped on the counter attack to give you a long list of reasons to leave your bed this winter and enjoy the great outdoors…or indoors in some instances.
- The Science Centre & Planetarium has some great experiments, interactive displays and planetarium. There is plenty of things to do for the kids, and the big kid within!
- Sleep well after a day at Hangdog Climbing Gym. Scale the walls, race your friends or challenge yourself on a range of walls that vary in difficulty. A great one for those cold rainy days!
- Head along the Grand Pacific Drive and experience some of the most spectacular sights the Australian coastline has to offer thanks to the team at Royal Coast Walks.
- Take the family to enjoy a feast at Bon Aroma Pizza. Last year the family owned and operated Bulli Restaurant was named as Australia’s best Pizza Restaurant. Once you taste their food, you will know why!
- Grab yourself a copy of We Love the Gong: EAT from one of our Information Centres or participating restaurants and map yourself a food trail of the Gong to try – OR – find an excuse to invite your friends and family over and whip up one of the delicious recipes yourself.
- Treat yourself to one of the amazing packages available at L’amour Day Spa – the perfect way to revitalise and add vitality back into the dry wind blown skin!
- Enjoy the views, food and locally brewed beer of the Illawarra Brewing Company. Their award winning drop, which is locally brewed in Wollongong, is a treat not to be missed.
- Grab your friends and family and take the Kids to Little Stompers or Zoom Fun Centre for hours of fun and games.
- Visit the The Illawarra Fly Treetop Walk and check out their jam packed school holiday activity guide including one of the most real dinosaur attractions you will ever experience!
- Experience the food and spectacular views on offer at Altitude 1148 and the Southern Gateway Centre.
- Can’t be in Wollongong this weekend? Take some time to browse through our Winter deals online to start planning an upcoming escape!
- Enjoy an Italian feast at Centro cbd Restaurant and Function Centre. Offering high quality Italian Cuisine, Centro cbd offers a venue to suit large bookings or enjoy a meal for two. See their menu here and book a table today. Be sure to also check out their upcoming events for artist such as Diesel, Mark Seymour and Rick Price!
- Enjoy the best views of Wollongong harbour from the warmth of Bombora Seafood – great views and the freshest of fresh seafood to boot! Touché!
- Grab yourself a coffee at Chedo’s Restaurant and Café, located just a stones throw from the Sea Cliff Bridge, Chedo’s is guaranteed to tantalise your taste buds while you enjoy the beautiful views of the escarpment and ocean.